This easy chicken recipe is always a party! Flavorful chicken drumsticks baked in lime juice and seasonings for a fun, easy dinner!
- 5 pounds chicken drumsticks
- 1 cup canola or olive oil
- 5 cloves of garlic, smashed and skins removed
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans Ro-Tel, drained
- Fresh lime wedges and fresh cilantro for garnish (optional)
- Add all the oil, garlic, lime juice, salt, pepper, paprika, oregano, cumin and taco seasoning into a bowl and whisk together. Add the chicken drumsticks to a resealable plastic bag and then pour in the marinade.
- Shake the bag around to cover all the drumsticks then place in the refrigerator for up to 8 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Spray a skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium high heat.
- Remove the drumsticks from the marinade and wipe off each drumstick with a paper towel removing most of the marinade.
- Brown in the skillet for 5 minutes per side until browned then remove to a baking dish.
- Add the drained Ro-tel to the baking dish, cover and bake for 40 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh lime juice and cilantro if desired and serve.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stove Top / Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: chicken leg recipes, chicken recipes, easy chicken recipes, dinner ideas, dinner recipes, healthy recipes