This hearty beef and pepper soup recipe is sure to become a family favorite!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup diced onion
- 2 cups diced peppers (red or green or a combination of both)
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- Black pepper to taste
- 1 – 1 1/2 teaspoons cumin (depending on taste)
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 4 cups beef broth
- 15 ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 8 ounce can tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1 /2 cups cooked white or brown rice
- Heat the oil in a large dutch oven or soup pot. Add the onion and peppers and cook for 5 minutes until softened. Stir in the garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Push the onions and peppers to one side of the pot and add the beef, breaking up with a spoon as it browns. Drain any drippings from the beef if needed, then stir to combine with the onions and peppers.
- Add the salt, pepper, cumin, oregano and tomato paste. Stir to work the tomato paste into the beef and vegetables. Pour in the beef broth, crushed tomatoes, tomato sauce and Worcestershire sauce. Stir and bring to a simmer.
- Simmer the soup over medium heat for 15 minutes. Taste the soup for seasonings and adjust if needed. Stir in the cooked rice, or spoon into individual bowls as you serve.
- Category: Soup
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: mantitlement, soup recipe, stuffed peppers, ground beef recipe, beef, rice, healthy recipes, dinner recipes, easy recipes