Linguine with Clam Sauce is so easy to make at home! We love this version that has a creamy, lemony sauce with tons of chopped clams!
- 1 pound linguine
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped garlic
- 29 ounce can chopped clams, drained
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 3/4 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup clam juice (see note)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Fresh black pepper to taste (optional)
- Kosher salt if needed
- Grated parmesan cheese and fresh chopped parsley for garnish
- Cook the linguine according to the package directions. Drain and return back to the pot with just a little olive oil to keep the pasta from sticking.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-low heat. Add the garlic and cook for 2 minutes while stirring so the garlic doesn’t brown. Add the chopped clams and cook for 3-4 minutes. Sprinkle in the flour, stir and cook 1 minute longer.
- Carefully pour in the wine, scraping up the bottom of the skillet as you stir. Let the wine simmer for 1 minute to reduce, then add the clam juice, heavy cream, butter. and parmesan cheese. Stir to combine the sauce and let simmer for 5 minutes to thicken.
- Add the lemon juice and crushed red pepper then taste the sauce for seasonings. Add salt and black pepper if desired.
- Pour the sauce over the cooked linguine and stir to combine. Add fresh chopped parsley and more parmesan cheese for serving.
I prefer to buy clam juice in a bottle instead of saving the drained juice from the clams as it can be gritty, even after straining.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: mantitlement, linguine with clams, linguine with clam sauce, seafood and pasta recipes, pasta dishes, recipes with clams, date night recipes