Trying to figure out what to make with all those Thanksgiving leftovers? This comforting casserole uses ALL your leftovers, including the sides!
- 3 cups shredded, leftover turkey (can substitute chicken)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 1/2 cups frozen peas and carrots
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup jarred gravy (or leftover gravy, or try our 5 Minute Brown Gravy, no drippings needed!)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 cups leftover mashed potatoes (or you can buy pre-made mashed potatoes at the grocery store)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Add the butter to a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the onion and cook for 5 minutes until softened.
- Next add the peas and carrots, stirring in with the onions.
- Add the salt, pepper and flour. Stir and cook for 2 minutes then whisk in the chicken broth.
- Once the mixture comes to a boil pour in the milk and gravy. Stir and cook for 5 minutes until the sauce has thickened.
- Taste for seasonings then add the cooked turkey to the skillet and stir to combine.
- Spoon the turkey mixture into a 2 quart baking dish then top with the mashed potatoes.
- Bake, uncovered for 20-25 minutes. Check to make sure the filling is warmed through and serve.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Oven and Stove Top
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: leftover recipes, Thanksgiving leftovers, leftover turkey recipes, casseroles, shepherds pie, comfort food, dinner recipes