This Kielbasa and Cabbage is a family favorite! Simple to make, good for you and made all in one skillet! An easy make ahead recipe for busy nights, but also a super cozy meal for a weekend dinner with a glass of wine!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 pounds regular or turkey kielbasa
- 1 small head of white cabbage, cut in quarters and sliced
- 1 1/2 cups diced onion
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Fresh black pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup chicken broth (or more as needed)
- 1 1/2 pound bag small potatoes (steam in bag variety)
- Add 1 tablespoon of the olive oil to a large skillet over medium heat. Slice the kielbasa into approximately 1 inch slices and then add to the skillet. Brown the kielbasa on both sides and then transfer to a plate. Cover the plate with foil to keep the kielbasa warm.
- Microwave the potatoes according to the package directions. Remove the potatoes from the bag, place them into a bowl and cover with foil to keep warm.
- Add the remaining tablespoon of oil to the same skillet, along with the cabbage and onion. Season with the salt and black pepper to taste and cook for 7-8 minutes, tossing often, until the cabbage is tender but still slightly crunchy. (see note*) Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute, then pour in the apple cider vinegar and chicken broth and stir to wilt the cabbage.
- Cut the potatoes into fourths (larger ones might need to be cut up more), and then add to the skillet, along with the kielbasa and any juices from the bowl.
- Toss together once more and season with salt and pepper, if needed.
You can find the steam in bag potatoes in the produce department, not the frozen variety. If you have loose potatoes you can boil them or steam them as you normally would.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: American