This rice casserole is loaded with sausage and ground beef cooked in a creamy sauce. This casserole is so hearty & comforting, you can serve it as a side dish or the main meal!
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 pound Italian sausage, casings removed (spicy or mild, or a combination)
- 1 cup diced onions
- 2 cups diced celery
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 cans (10 ounces) cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cans (10 ounces) cream of chicken soup
- 2 cups uncooked white rice
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and spray with non-stick cooking spray. Add the ground beef and sausage, breaking up into small pieces until browned though. Leave the drippings in the pan and then add the onions and celery. Season with the salt, garlic powder and pepper.
- Cook the onions and celery for 5 minutes until softened, stirring together with the meat. Remove from the heat and let cool slightly.
- Pour the broth and the chicken and mushroom soup into large bowl and whisk together. Add sausage and beef mixture along with the uncooked rice. Stir and pour into 9×13 baking dish that’s been sprayed with cooking spray.
- Cover the baking dish tightly with foil and bake for 1 hour. Let the casserole rest for 10 minutes, uncovered before serving.
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Oven / Stove Top
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: casserole recipe, rice casserole, sausage and rice casserole, side dish recipe, comfort food, ground beef recipes