This easy Individual Stuffing Muffins recipe is made in a muffin pan and has Italian bread, Italian sausage and a surprise cheesy center!
- 16 oz. loaf of Italian bread, sliced, toasted and cubed (about 10 cups)
- 1 lb. Italian sausage
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 1 cup chopped roasted red peppers
- 2 cups beef broth
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 (16 ounce) container of fresh mozzarella balls (larger size)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large skillet, melt the butter and then add the sausage to brown. Break the sausage up with a spoon while it browns into small pieces.
- About halfway through browning the sausage, add in the onions and celery. Cook until the onions and celery have softened and the sausage is browned through, about 5 more minutes, then add in the roasted red peppers.
- Pour in the broth and bring to a simmer. Simmer for 15 minutes and then remove from the heat.
- Add the toasted bread cubes and the beaten eggs to a large bowl. Pour the sausage mixture over the bread cubes, add in the salt and pepper and Italian seasoning and stir until all the bread is coated withe the broth.
- Butter (or spray) a jumbo muffin tin (*See Note) then fill halfway with the stuffing mixture.
- Add a mozzarella balls to the center of each muffin, then add more stuffing to the top.
- Bake for 25 minutes for a jumbo muffin tin (15 minutes for a regular size muffin tin) then remove from the oven to let cool for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the muffin tin and serve.
I used a jumbo muffin pan for this recipe, if you’re using a regular muffin pan you’ll need to reduce the cooking time to 15 minutes.
You’ll get 6 servings if using a jumbo muffin pan, 12 if using a regular muffin pan.
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: easy stuffing recipe, individual stuffing recipe, muffin tin recipes, sausage stuffing recipe, thanksgiving side dish, christmas dinner side, mini stuffing recipe