This simple beef chili recipe is perfect for serving on hot dogs, baked potatoes, french fires or nachos!
- 1/4 cup olive oil, divided
- 2 1/2 pounds lean ground beef (93%)
- 1 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup finely diced onion
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- Add 2 tablespoons of the olive oil to a heavy bottomed pot or dutch oven over medium heat, then add the ground beef, salt and pepper. Brown the beef, breaking up into small crumbles as it cooks.
- Drain the beef and any grease form the pot and transfer the beef to a bowl.
- Turn the heat down to low, then add the other 2 tablespoons of olive oil along with the onions. Cook the onions for 7-8 minutes, frequently stirring so they don’t burn.
- Next add the garlic, tomato paste, cumin and chili powder stirring into the onions and Worcestershire sauce, then add the flour and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the beef back to the pot then pour in the broth and stir. Bring to a boil, then turn the heat down to a simmer for 1 1/2 hours.
- Taste for seasonings and serve as is or on hot dogs, hamburgers or spooned over french fries!
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: chili recipe, low carb chili, beanless chili, beef chili, hot dog chili, low carb meals, low carb recipes, ground beef recipes, dinner recipes