This creamy, hot crab dip recipe is perfect for serving at parties! Use fresh corn, canned corn or frozen – whatever you have on hand!
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups frozen or fresh corn
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1/2 cup red bell peppers, diced fine
- 1/2 cup yellow bell peppers, diced fine
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Fresh black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry wine
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 8 ounces canned crab meat, claw meat or lump meat or a combination
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay seasoning
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 cups Monterey Jack cheese divided, 1 cup in filling and other on top
- 1 cup crushed ritz cracker mixed with 2 tablespoons of melted butter
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat, then add the corn, shallot, peppers, salt and pepper. Cook until softened, about 5 minutes, then add the sherry and cook until the wine has evaporated.
- Pour the corn and peppers into a large bowl, then add the cream cheese and stir to combine.
- Add the crabmeat, Old Bay, Worcestershire sauce and 1 cup of the cheese into the filling, folding gently to combine.
- Transfer the crab dip into a 8″ x 8″ baking dish and top with the crackers that have been mixed with butter.
- Bake for 20 minutes until the filling is hot and bubbling.
- Serve hot with more crackers for dipping.
You can make this crab dip ahead of time and bake it right before serving!
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: crab dip, hot crab dip, hot dip recipe, dip recipe, appetizer recipe, appetizers, easy appetizers, crab recipes