This warm and hearty soup recipe is made easy by grabbing a rotisserie chicken at the store! Top with grated parmesan cheese and serve with bread for dipping!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3/4 cup onion, diced
- 10 ounces mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Fresh black pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh rosemary, chopped fine
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1/4 cup dry red wine
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 15 ounce can crushed tomatoes (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 3 cups cooked, shredded chicken
- 10 ounce box chopped frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 4 ounces cream cheese at room temperature (can substitute 1/2 cup heavy cream)
- 8 ounces cooked egg noodles
- Grated parmesan cheese for serving the soup
- Add the olive oil and butter to a soup pot or dutch oven over medium heat. Add the onions and mushrooms and cook for 5-7 minutes until the onions are softened and the mushrooms are brown.
- Stir in the garlic, tomato paste, salt, pepper and rosemary, then pour in the red wine to deglaze the pot. Let the wine cook out for 1 minute, then pour in the chicken broth and crushed tomatoes.
- Add the chicken and spinach to the soup, stir and simmer for 25 minutes, uncovered.
- Whisk the cream cheese into the soup until fully incorporated, then add the cooked noodles. Alternately, you can add noodles to each bowl and then ladle the soup on top.
- Serve with grated parmesan cheese and fresh black pepper.
- Category: Soup
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: soup recipe, chicken soup recipe, rotisserie chicken recipes, easy dinner recipes, chicken cacciatore, quick dinners, soup, easy chicken recipes