This sweet and fluffy Hawaiian Roll French Toast is a super fun recipe to make for a weekend breakfast or brunch! Add maple syrup, whipped cream and berries for serving!
- 6 eggs
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- 24 pack sweet Hawaiian Rolls
- 4 tablespoons of butter, divided
- Add the eggs, milk, cinnamon, vanilla extract and salt to a 9″ x 13″ baking dish. Whisk to combine.
- Dip the rolls into the mixture, turning on all sides to coat. Let the rolls soak in the eggs and milk for 5 minutes, turning over once in between the soaking time. After soaking, remove the rolls from the egg and milk mixture to a plate.
- Add 2 tablespoons of butter to a large skillet over medium heat. Add half of the rolls to the skillet (or as many as will fit) and cook on all sides until golden brown. This will take about a minute per side, about 6 minutes per batch. Remove the cooked rolls to a platter covered with aluminum foil to keep warm.
- Wipe out the skillet, add the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter and cook the rest of the rolls on all sides until golden brown.
- Serve the French toast with maple syrup, powdered sugar and fresh berries.
See the post for additional instructions on making these French toast rolls ahead of time and keeping them warm before serving!
This French toast will keep in the refrigerator for 4-5 days. Cut in half and microwave for 30 seconds to warm up!
- Category: Breakfast / Brunch
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: mantitlement, french toast recipes, hawaiian roll french toast, recipes with hawaiian rolls