This addicting, sweet pulled chicken is one of our favorites for serving a crowd at parties, or for meal prepping during the week. This bbq chicken practically cooks itself, making for an easy, delicious meal!
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 1/2 cups honey BBQ sauce (18 ounce bottle)
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 cup crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1/4 cup teriyaki glaze
- 1/2 medium sized red onion, sliced
- 1 1/2 cups sliced bell peppers
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- 6 sub rolls or Hawaiian Rolls for serving
- Add all the ingredients except for cornstarch and water to a 4-6 quart slow cooker. Cook on low for 4 hours.
- Remove the chicken breasts from the slow cooker and place on a board. Cool slightly and shred with two forks and cover to keep warm.
- Turn the slow cooker on high. Whisk the water and cornstarch together in a small bowl and then pour into the slow cooker. Whisk to combine with the sauce, add the chicken back to the slow cooker. Cover and cook for 30 minutes to an hour to thicken the sauce.
- Serve on buns or in a bowl with rice on the side.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Slow Cooker
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: slow cooker recipes, crock pot recipes, easy chicken recipes, chicken recipes, shredded chicken, slow cooker chicken