This Ground Beef Tater Tot Casserole is such a comforting, easy dinner idea! Crispy tater tots top this beef and vegetable casserole with gravy!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup diced onion
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 (12 ounce) jars of beef gravy
- 2 cups frozen peas and carrots
- 1 (28 ounce) bag tater tots
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Add the oil to a large skillet over medium heat.
- Brown the onions with the garlic for 5 minutes, stirring often until softened.
- Add the beef to the skillet, breaking up with a spoon and cooking until no pink remains, about 7-8 minutes.
- Drain any grease from the skillet then add the salt, pepper, worcestershire sauce and tomato paste and stir to combine.
- Pour in the gravy and stir into the beef mixture.
- Bring the beef to a simmer then add the frozen peas and carrots. Stir to combine with the filling and to defrost slightly.
- Pour the filling into a 9″ x 13″ casserole dish that’s been sprayed with cooking spray.
- Add the frozen tater tots on top of the beef filling, arranging in a single layer.
- Bake for 35 minutes until the tater tots are golden brown and the filling is bubbling.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: oven/stove top
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: hotdish, tater tot hotdish, tater tot casserole, easy dinners, easy recipes, ground beef recipes, casserole recipes