Cheese that you can grill! What could be better? These cheese kabobs are perfect appetizers or a light lunch!
- 2 packages of halloumi cheese, 8.8 oz. each
- Your choice of vegetables, mushrooms, onions, bell peppers, cut into large chunks
- wooden or metal skewers, if using wooden soak for a couple hours before using
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- balsamic vinegar
- For the plain cheese kabobs, slice one package of halloumi into strips, then cut each strip in half.
- Season the cheese with salt and pepper and drizzle with olive oil.
- Spray your grill with cooking spray or brush with olive oil, then place the cheese on the grill
- Grill for 3-4 minutes then carefully turn to the other side.
- Grill for another 3-4 minutes then pull of the grill and let cool slightly.
- Put the cheese onto the skewers, if desired, then drizzle with olive oil and/or balsamic vinegar.
For the cheese and vegetable kabobs
- Cut the Halloumi into large chunks and gently thread onto the skewers, alternating with your vegetables.
- Season with salt and pepper and drizzle with olive oil.
- Spray your grill with cooking spray or brush lightly with oil, then place the skewers on the grill on a medium-high heat.
- Let cook for 4-5 minutes, turning carefully then cooking on the other side for another 4-5 minutes. Just enough to get some grill marks and get your vegetables softened up a bit.
- You can drizzle balsamic on these as well, or dip in BBQ sauce, or just eat as they are!
- Serving Size: 4
- Category: Appetizers
- Method: Grill
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: halloumi cheese, appetizer recipes, kabob recipes, tapas, low carb recipes