These nutty and sweet cookies are a family favorite recipe! We hope these cookies will be come a favorite of your family too, perfect for cookie swaps around the holidays!
- 8 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup flour
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts (can also use pecans)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 egg, beaten
- Powdered sugar for topping
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Make the dough by creaming the butter together with the cream cheese until light and fluffy. Add the flour in 2 batches, mixing well in between until a dough forms. Divide the dough into 24 balls.
- Spray a mini muffin pan with cooking spray and then press each ball of dough into the wells, pressing up the sides.
- Finely chop the walnuts into and then add them to a bowl along with the brown sugar, melted butter and egg. Mix the filling together and then fill each muffin well with the filling. You might have a little extra filling, but don’t overfill the wells.
- Bake for 20 minutes and then remove from the oven. Let the cookies cool for 10 minutes in the muffin tin and then remove to a plate or board. If the topping sticks to the muffin tin, run a knife around to loosen the cookies before removing.
- Sprinkle the cookies with powdered sugar and store in a container for up to 5 days.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: mantitlement, cookie recipes, christmas cookies, cookie swap, grandma's cookies, tassies, pecan tassies