Quality rum and a few simple ingredients will give you the perfect old fashioned! It’s an easy sipping cocktail that doesn’t take a lot of preparation.
- 2 ounces dark rum
- 1 sugar cube
- 3 dashes orange bitters
- 1 orange peel for garnish
- 2 maraschino cherries for garnish
- Place the sugar cube in the bottom of a mixing glass.
- Add the bitters to the top of the sugar cube, then muddle until the sugar cube is completely broken up.
- Add ice to the mixing glass then pour in the rum.
- Stir well then strain into a low ball glass.
- Garnish with the orange peel and cherry.
- Category: cocktail
- Method: mix
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: old fashioned cocktail, old fashioned cocktail recipe, recipe for old fashioned cocktail, old fashioned drink recipe, rum recipe, cocktail recipe, old fashioned with rum, rum old fashioned, rum old fashioned recipe