Delicious, roasted broccoli never tasted so good! This simple technique for cooking broccoli gives the outside a caramelized coating that really is so addictive! This broccoli is the prefect side to steak, chicken, fish, turkey or pork!
- 2 large heads of broccoli with stalks
- 4–5 large whole garlic cloves
- Olive oil
- Kosher salt and fresh black pepper
- Add enough oil to a large, cast iron skillet to cover the bottom of the pan in a thin layer. Heat the skillet over medium heat until the oil is hot and then add the broccoli in a single layer. Depending on the size of your skillet, you might have to cook the broccoli in two batches. Season the broccoli with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover the broccoli with another heavy skillet, press down and let cook for 5-6 minutes until a crust forms on the bottom of the broccoli. Turn the broccoli over, season again with salt and pepper and press down with the skillet and cook another 5-6 minutes on the other side.
- Remove the broccoli from the skillet to a platter and cover with foil to keep warm. Add a little more oil to the skillet if needed and then add the sliced garlic. Cook while stirring so that the garlic doesn’t burn until the garlic slices are toasted a light brown in color. Remove the garlic from the skillet and add to the platter of broccoli.
- Serve while warm.
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: mantitlement, roasted broccoli recipe, broccoli recipe, vegetables sides, vegetables side dish, easy recipes, cast iron skillet recipes, low carb recipes