An easy vegetable side dish that can use frozen corn, canned corn or even leftover corn form dinner or a holiday meal!
- 4 cups fresh, frozen or canned corn
- 2 cups red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh basil, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Add the butter to a large skillet over medium heat.
- Once the butter is melted add the onion and cook for 3-4 minuets until softened.
- Add the corn and bell pepper to the skillet and cook for 5-10 minutes. Shorter if the corn is already cooked and longer (closer to 10 minuets) if the corn is frozen or raw.
- Stir in one tablespoon of the fresh basil.
- Pour in the cream and season with the salt and pepper.
- Cook 5 minutes until the cream has reduced, then top with the other tablespoon of fresh basil and serve.
- Category: side dish
- Method: stove top
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: corn succotash, vegetables succotash, side dish, leftover recipes, easy side dish, vegetable side dishes, corn recipes