These French Dip Sandwiches are one of our favorite slow cooker beef recipes! Perfect party food or for meal prepping during the week!
- 3 – 4 pound boneless chuck roast
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Kosher salt, black pepper, garlic powder, steak seasoning and flour for seasoning the beef
- 2 (10.5 ounce) cans of condensed french onion soup
- 1 cup water
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 fresh sprig of rosemary
- 24 slices of provolone cheese (can substitute mozzarella if desired)
- 6 sub rolls
- Add the oil and butter to a large skillet over medium-high heat. Season the chuck roast generously on both sides with salt, pepper, garlic powder and steak seasoning. Dust the beef lightly in flour, tapping off any excess flour.
- Add the chuck roast to the skillet and sear for 4-5 minutes on both sides until a brown crust forms.
- Remove the chuck roast from the skillet and place it into the basin of your slow cooker. Pour in the french onion soup along with 1 cup of water. Add the rosemary and bay leaf and then cover the crock pot and turn on low for 8 hours or on high for 4-5 hours. This will depend in the size of your roast, a larger chuck roast will take a little longer to become tender.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Remove the beef from the slow cooker onto a board to cool slightly. Shred the beef with two forks and return to the slow cooker with the juice. Set the slow cooker on high, uncovered for 30 minutes.
- Open up the sub rolls and add 2 slices of provolone cheese to each side. Place in the oven to lightly toast the rolls and melt the cheese, about 5-7 minutes.
- Remove the rolls from the oven and add the shredded beef to each roll. Drain most of the juice during this step, as the rest of the au jus will be used for serving.
- Serve the sandwiches with the au jus from the slow cooker on the side for dipping.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Slow Cooker
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: mantitlement, slow cooker beef, crock pot beef, french dip sandwich, sandwich recipes, party food, comfort food, meal prepping ideas, family dinners, make ahead meals