This delicious bacon brittle recipe is perfect for giving as a hostess gift during the holidays or any gift giving occasion!
- 1 stick salted butter
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup real maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup real bacon bits or cooked, crumbled bacon
- 1 ounce bourbon
- Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray and set aside.
- Add the butter to a 2 quart, heavy bottomed pot over medium heat.
- Once the butter has melted, stir in the brown sugar and maple syrup.
- Bring this mixture to a boil, then let simmer for 10-15 minutes until a candy thermometer reads 300 degrees.
- Once the mixture is at 300 degrees, turn the heat off and carefully add the baking soda and stir. The mixture will bubble up when you add the baking soda so stir quickly.
- Next add the bourbon and stir quickly again.
- Pour onto the sprayed baking sheet and spread out into and even layer that’s about 1/4 inch thick.
- Add the bacon bits to the top of the brittle while it’s still warm.
- Let the brittle cool for about an hour, then break it apart into pieces.
- Category: dessert
- Method: stove top
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: brittle recipe, bacon brittle, bourbon bacon brittle, dessert recipes, no bake dessert, gift ideas