This Crock Pot Ham recipe is as easy as it is delicious! Just 5 minutes of prep and you’ll have a dinner that feeds a crowd for parties and holidays!
- 8–10 pound spiral sliced ham
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 18 ounce jar peach preserves
- 1/4 cup apple juice
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne (optional)
- Pour 1/2 cup of brown sugar into the bottom of a 7-8 quart slow cooker. Like you see here, our ham is slightly larger than our crock pot, so if you have a larger slow cooker definitely go ahead and use that. Even if your ham doesn’t quite fit, simply cover the ham with a couple of layers of aluminum foil, sealing tightly around the rim of the slow cooker. The aluminum foil will act as a lid, helping to keep the heat and moisture in the slow cooker.
- Remove the ham from the packaging, discarding the glaze packet, and place the ham on top of the brown sugar in the slow cooker flat side down.
- Mix the ingredients together for the glaze and pour over the ham. Cover with the lid, or use aluminum foil if necessary, and set your slow cooker on low for 4-5 hours or on high for 3-4 hours. The cooking time will depend on how large your ham is, our 9 pound spiral sliced ham was done on high in 3 hours.
- Remove the ham from the crock pot and place onto a cutting board. Use a knife to cut the slices from the bone and place onto a platter. Spoon the glaze and juices from the slow cooker onto the top of the ham and/or serve on the side.
Store: Store leftover ham that’s been cooled down in a resealable bag, an air tight container, or tightly wrapped in aluminum foil in the refrigerator. Leftover ham will stay good in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Reheat: The easiest way to reheat leftover ham is in the microwave, or if you need to reheat a larger quantity of ham, place in a baking dish topped with some of the glaze. Wrap with foil and place in the oven at 350 until warmed through.
Freeze: Wrap ham in foil and then place into a resealable freezer bag for easy storage. Place in the freezer for up to 3 months. Defrost the ham overnight in the refrigerator and then warm up per the instructions above.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Slow Cooker
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: mantitlement, spiral sliced ham recipe, slow cooker ham recipe, crock pot ham, holiday recipes, easy recipes, ham recipes