This scallop recipe is a knock out seafood dinner you can make right at home!
- 2 pounds jumbo scallops
- Kosher salt and fresh black pepper for seasoning the scallops
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3/4 cup white wine
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch mixed with 1 tablespoon water
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach, roughly chopped
- 1 small jar sliced sun dried tomatoes, drained
- 1 pound spaghetti
- Fresh black pepper and chopped fresh parsley for garnish
- Heat a large pot of water to boil for the spaghetti. Once boiling, cook the spaghetti according to the package directions and drain.
- Add 2 tablespoons of the butter together with the olive oil in a cast iron or stainless steel skillet over medium high heat.
- Season the scallops with salt and pepper generously on both sides, then add them to the skillet.
- Cook the scallops on one side for 3-4 minutes until they form a brown crust. If the scallops are sticking to the pan they aren’t ready to turn yet, just give them another minute or two. Then turn the scallops over and let cook for another 3-4 minutes on the other side until browned.
- Remove the scallops to a plate and cover with foil.
- Melt the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter in the skillet, add the onions and cook for 5 minutes until softened.
- Add the garlic, stir and cook for a minute longer and pour in the white wine to deglaze the pan.
- Let the wine cook down until it is reduced by half (about 2 minutes) then pour in the chicken broth and cream and bring to a simmer.
- Mix the cornstarch and water together and pour into the simmering sauce. Whisk the sauce and bring it back to a simmer, cooking for 5 minutes until the sauce is reduced and thickened.
- Add the spinach and the sun dried tomatoes to the sauce, stirring the spinach into the sauce to wilt. Season the sauce with more salt and pepper to taste if needed.
- Place the scallops back into the sauce, turning to coat. Cover the skillet and simmer the sauce for 5 minutes, then remove the scallops from the sauce and place back on the plate, covered.
- Toss the sauce with the spaghetti and add to a serving bowl. Place the scallops on top or add to individual bowls when serving.
- Garnish with fresh black pepper and chopped parsley if desired.
If your skillet is on the smaller side, you can put the cooked spaghetti in a large bowl and then pour the sauce and scallops over the top and toss.
- Category: pasta
- Method: stove top
Keywords: pasta recipe, spaghetti, scallop recipe, pasta dinner, dinner recipe