Crab Puffs are an easy, elegant appetizer for all your holiday parties! Creamy crab meat filling topped with cheese, baked in store bought, mini pie shells!
- Store bought mini pie crusts (look for perforated mini pie crusts like Pillsbury® brand)
- 8 ounces crab meat (lump or claw meat)
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/3 cup diced bell pepper (any color)
- 1/4 cup fresh, chopped parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Fresh black pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Old Bay seasoning
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- Paprika for topping
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Add the crab meat to a fine colander and rinse with cold water (if using canned crab meat) carefully pick through the crab meat to make sure that there aren’t any shells left behind. Add the crab meat to a bowl along with the mayonnaise, Worcestershire sauce, bell pepper, parsley, salt, pepper, Old Bay and 1/4 cup of the mozzarella cheese. Fold the ingredients together to combine and set aside.
- Separate the mini pie crusts and tuck them into the wells of a muffin tin. This recipe uses just 12 of the 14 mini pie crusts, so you can either discard the extra 2 pie crusts or bake the for another use.
- Divide the crab meat filling between the 12 muffin tins and then top with the remaining 1/4 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese. Finish with a sprinkle of paprika on top.
- Bake the crab puffs for 12-14 minutes until the pie crust is brown and the cheese on top is melted. Remove from the muffin tins and serve.
Store: Cool down leftover crab puffs and then store in a container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Reheat: Reheat crab puffs in the microwave for 20 seconds, or in the oven at 350 for about 7-8 minutes until warmed through.
Freeze: Let the cooked crab puffs cool down completely and then freeze in resealable freezer bags. Bake from frozen at 400 degrees for 15-17 minutes.
- Category: Appetizers
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: mantitlement, crab meat recipes, holiday appetizers, thanksgiving appetizer recipes, crab puffs, easy recipes