These Cottage Cheese Pancakes are a delicious way to get more protein into your breakfast! Even if you don’t like cottage cheese, you need to try this homemade pancakes recipe. You’ll never know that it’s in there!
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup small curd cottage cheese
- 6 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar (or maple syrup)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon butter (for cooking the pancakes, or can substitute cooking spray)
- Add the eggs, cottage cheese, milk and vanilla to a large bowl and whisk together until combined. If you prefer not to see any curds from the cottage cheese you can transfer this mixture to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, sugar and salt in a separate bowl. Pour the flour mixture into the egg mixture and whisk until combined.
- Add the butter to a large skillet over medium heat. Once the butter is melted, use a 1/4 cup measure to add as many pancakes as you skillet will hold. Cook for 1 1/2 – 2 minutes on the first side and then flip over and cook for 1 minute on the second side.
- Transfer the cooked pancakes to a plate and cover with aluminum foil while you make the rest of the pancakes.
Store: Store cooled down pancakes in a resealable storage bag in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Reheat: Reheat in the microwave for 30 seconds to a minute until warmed through.
Freeze: Freeze pancakes in a freezer bag in a single layer until frozen. Once the pancakes are frozen you can add more to the bag for easier storage. Place frozen pancakes on a microwave safe plate and heat for 30 seconds on one side and 30 seconds on the other side until warm.
- Category: Breakfast / Brunch
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: mantitlement, cottage cheese pancakes, high protein recipes, healthy recipes, pancake recipes, homemade pancakes, brunch recipes