A homemade version of the original canned tomato soup! This Copycat Campbell’s Tomato Soup is going to take you back, it tastes just like you remember only better!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 (6 oz.) can tomato paste
- 1 28 oz. can tomato puree
- 1 28 oz. can tomato sauce
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 cups whole milk
- Heat a large pot over medium heat with the olive oil.
- Add the chopped onion and cook for 5 minutes until softened, stirring.
- Next add in the garlic and stir, cooking for a minute more, then add in the salt, pepper, oregano and sugar. Stir and cook for another minute, then stir in the can of tomato paste.
- Carefully pour in the tomato puree, sauce and chicken broth.
- Stir together and cook for 15 minutes covered partially with a lid.
- After the soup has cooked, pour in the milk and blend with an immersion blender until smooth.
- Taste for seasonings and serve.
- Category: Soup
- Method: stove top
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: soup recipes, tomato soup, copycat recipes, homemade soup, easy dinners