This easy and classic shrimp appetizer adds an elegant touch to you holiday meal! Everything can be done ahead of time so all there is to do is serve!
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Kosher salt, Fresh black pepper and paprika for seasoning
- Shredded lettuce such as iceberg or romaine
- Fresh chopped parsley for garnish
For The Remoulade Sauce
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1–2 teaspoons hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 tablespoon pickle brine (or pickle relish)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Fresh black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Season the shrimp with salt, pepper and paprika on both sides and add to a baking sheet that’s been sprayed with cooking spray. Roast the shrimp for 7-8 minutes until pink and cooked through, and then remove from the oven. Once the shrimp has cooled down, chill in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- While the shrimp is chilling, mix together all the ingredients for the remoulade sauce, cover and chill until ready to serve.
- Add a pile of lettuce to 6 plates. Divide the shrimp between the plates and then drizzle with the remoulade sauce. Garnish with black pepper and chopped parsley and serve immediately.
The shrimp and remoulade sauce can be made up to 2 days ahead of time. Leftover remoulade will keep for 4-5 days in the refrigerator.
- Category: Appetizers
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: shrimp remoulade, shrimp recipes, roasted shrimp, shrimp appetizers, appetizer recipes, thanksgiving recipes, holiday recipes, low carb recipes