This copycat version of Chipotle’s Cilantro Lime Rice tastes just like the restaurant version! Serve it as a side to chicken, steak or pork or use it in taco bowls or burritos!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup diced onion
- 2 cups long grain white rice
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons garlic paste or chopped garlic
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons lime zest
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- Add the oil to a medium size pot or dutch oven. Add the onion and cook for 5 minutes until softened, then stir in the garlic paste or chopped garlic and cook for 1 minute longer.
- Stir the rice, salt and cumin into the onions and garlic and let toast, while stirring for 5 minutes until slightly golden in color.
- Pour in the chicken broth and water, stir, then cover and let simmer for 15 minutes. Add the lime juice, lime zest and chopped cilantro to the rice, fluff with a fork and serve.
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: mantitlement, rice recipe, rice dish, cilantro lime rice, chipotle cilantro lime rice, cilantro lime rice recipe, how to make rice