This Chicken Sausage Fiesta Chili is loaded with beans, corn and tomatoes with a mild chili flavor that the whole family will love. It’s perfect for healthy dinner recipe for any night of the week.
- 2 pounds sweet or spicy chicken sausage
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups fresh or frozen or canned corn
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons hot sauce (optional)
- Start by adding the oil to a large pot over medium heat.
- Add the chopped onion and cook down while stirring for 5 minutes until softened. Add the garlic to the onions and stir.
- Add the chicken sausage into the pot and stir to break up into small pieces as it browns with the onions and garlic.
- Once the chicken sausage is browned, add in both cans of beans, corn, diced tomatoes and tomato sauce.
- Stir to combine then add the salt, pepper, chili powder, cumin and hot sauce if using.
- Cook the chili over medium heat, stirring occasionally for 1 hour.
- Test for seasonings and serve as is or with desired toppings.
You can freeze this chili for meal prepping or just saving leftovers! Just defrost frozen chili and warm up on the stove or in the microwave.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stove
- Cuisine: Mexican
Keywords: chicken chili recipe, healthy chicken chili, chili recipe, healthy chili recipe, how to make chili with beans, sausage chili recipe, chili with beans