This decadent twist on mac and cheese will be a hit with the whole family! Grab a rotisserie chicken from the store to make this cheesy dinner even quicker!
- 2 cups cooked, shredded chicken
- 1 lb. pipette or elbow macaroni, or any short-tube pasta you like
- 10 oz. mushrooms, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 c. onion, chopped
- 1/2 t. garlic powder
- 3 1/2 c. whole milk
- 1/3 c. flour
- 1/2 c. marsala wine plus 2 T., separated
- 4 oz. pancetta, diced and cooked until crispy and drained of any grease
- 2 cups white cheddar, grated
- 2 cups gruyere cheese, grated
- 4 T. butter
- 1 t. salt
- 1/2 t. fresh ground black pepper
- 1 T. fresh thyme, stemmed and chopped
- 1 t. dijon mustard
- 1 t. worcestershire sauce
- Start a large pot of water to boil and cook your pasta for 8 minutes, just a little under cooked.
- Drain the pasta and set aside.
- In a large pot, melt the butter and add the sliced mushrooms.
- Cook for 7-8 minutes, then add the onion and garlic.
- Add the flour to the pan and stir for 3-4 minutes until he flour has cooked out.
- Pour in the marsala wine and scrape up the browned parts on the bottom of the pan.
- Add in the milk, whisking while pouring.
- Whisk the mixture well and simmer for 10 minutes until thickened.
- Next add in the salt, pepper, garlic powder, mustard, worcestershire sauce and fresh thyme.
- Add the cheese to the pot by handfuls, stirring after each time to make sure the cheese is blended into the sauce well.
- Next start adding in the shredded chicken and your cooked pasta.
- Pour in the 2 extra tablespoons of marsala and stir once more.
- Stir until the chicken and pasta are well incorporated into the sauce and then top with the crispy pancetta.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: mac and cheese, macaroni and cheese recipe, stove top mac and cheese, pasta recipes, rotisserie chicken recipes