This easy and comforting chicken casserole is one of our family favorite recipes! Store bought stuffing mix makes the perfect, crispy topping for this casserole!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup diced onion
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 3 cups cooked, diced or shredded chicken (can also substitute turkey)
- 2 cups frozen peas and carrots
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 1 (10 ounce can) cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 ounce can) cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup whole or 2% milk
- 2 cups dry stuffing mix (6 ounce package)
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Add oil to a large skillet and cook the onion and mushrooms for 7-8 minutes until the mushrooms have browned. Add the chicken, peas, carrots, salt, pepper, garlic powder and dried parsley to the skillet and stir to combine.
Add both soups into a bowl along with the milk and whisk together to combine. Pour into the skillet and mix together with the filling.
Spay a 9″ x 13″, 2 quart casserole dish with cooking spray and then pour in the chicken and vegetable filling.
Mix the melted butter with the dry stuffing and add to the top of the casserole. Bake for 20-25 minutes until the filling is bubbling and the stuffing is brown on top. If the stuffing starts getting too brown, cover the top of the casserole with foil.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stove Top / Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: casserole recipe, chicken casserole, easy chicken recipes, easy dinner recipes, leftover chicken recipes, leftover turkey recipes, dinner ideas