These delicious low carb appetizers taste like your favorite BLT sandwich!
- 3 medium tomatoes
- 1 pound extra thick cut bacon, cooked
- 1 head frisée lettuce
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs, toasted
- Balsamic glaze for drizzling
- Cut each tomato in half, then slice wedges making 4 pieces of each half. From each tomato you will have 8 wedges total.
- Scoop out the flesh of each tomato wedge and set aside.
- Break each piece of bacon into 4 pieces, then add two pieces per tomato wedge.
- Top the bacon with a few pieces of the lettuce.
- Add a dollop of mayonnaise to the top of the lettuce.
- Drizzle with balsamic glaze and top with some of the toasted breadcrumbs.
These appetizers are best served fresh but with the sturdy frisée lettuce and the thick cut bacon they will stand up on an appetizer platter for a couple of hours, so if you need to make these ahead of time you’re good to go!
- Category: Appetizers
- Method: No Cook
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: low carb appetizer, blt recipe, appetizer recipes, easy appetizers, bacon recipes, low carb recipes