Make this Cheesy Tortellini Bake for an easy weeknight dinner or a comfort food meal on the weekend. Layers of seasoned ground beef with cheese tortellini and tons of mozzarella cheese.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced or grated
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Fresh ground black pepper to taste
- 20 ounce package refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 24 ounce jar marinara sauce
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Fresh, chopped parsley for garnish, optional
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Add the olive oil to a skillet over medium heat. Brown the ground beef, breaking up as it cooks until almost cooked through. Drain the grease from the pan and then add the onions to the skillet along with the salt, garlic powder and pepper. Cook until the onions are softened and the ground beef is cooked through. Add the garlic, stir and cook for one minute longer.
- Add the ground beef mixture to a 9″ x 13″ inch casserole dish that’s been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. Add the tortellini and marinara sauce and toss to combine.
- Add the mozzarella and parmesan cheese to the top of the casserole and place into the oven for 25 minutes. OPTIONAL BUT RECOMMENDED: Place the casserole under the broiler for 5 minutes to lightly brown the top before serving.
Store: Store the leftover casserole covered in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Reheat: Reheat the casserole in the microwave or oven until warmed through.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stove Top / Oven
- Cuisine: American