This cheesy rigatoni recipe is tossed in a light cream sauce with shaved brussels sprouts and crispy bacon! Grab a bag of frozen brussels sprouts right in your freezer section to make this dinner a breeze!
- 1 pound rigatoni
- 8 strips bacon
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon garlic
- Kosher salt and fresh black pepper to taste
- 9 ounces frozen shredded brussels sprouts
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1/3 cup white wine
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese, plus more for topping
- 8 ounces smoked mozzarella cheese, diced
- Cook the rigatoni according to the package directions, drain and set aside.
- Add the bacon to a large skillet and cook until crisp. Remove the bacon from the skillet, drain the drippings into a bowl and then add 1 tablespoon of the bacon drippings back to the skillet.
- Add the onion and frozen brussels sprouts to the skillet, stir and cook for 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook 1 minute longer. Sprinkle in the flour, and stir to combine with the ingredients until the flour is no longer visible. Pour in the wine to deglaze the skillet, stir and let the wine reduce until it’s almost evaporated.
- Pour in the chicken broth and bring to a simmer. Let the sauce thicken for 3-4 minutes and then pour in the heavy cream.
- Chop the bacon and add it back to the skillet. Bring the sauce to a simmer and season with salt and pepper to taste. Stir in the parmesan cheese and then add the cooked rigatoni to the sauce. Toss the rigatoni with the sauce for 3-4 minutes until the pasta absorbs some of the sauce.
- Add the mozzarella cheese to the top of the pasta, cover and cook on low heat for 5 minutes or until the mozzarella cheese has melted. Toss the pasta once more and serve immediately.
- Garnish with extra parmesan cheese and more fresh black pepper if desired.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: American