These cheesy, beef and bean stuffed peppers are going to be a hit for dinner or at your next party!
- 6 large bell peppers, cut in half with the stem left on one side (reserve the smaller cut half for the filling)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1 cup diced peppers (from the smaller half of the cut pepper)
- 1 1/4 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- Fresh black pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 (29 ounce can) tomato sauce
- 1 (15.5 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Add the oil to a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the onion and diced peppers, cooking for 5-7 minutes until softened.
- Add beef to the skillet, cooking until browned though. Drain any drippings from the skillet.
- Next add the garlic, Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper, cumin, oregano, beans and 1 cup of the tomato sauce to the skillet, stirring to combine. Turn the heat off and set the filling aside to cool slightly.
- Pour the remaining tomato sauce into the bottom of a 9″ x 13″ baking dish, then place in the peppers cut side up.
- Fill each pepper with the beef filling, dividing between all the peppers and bake, covered with foil, for 25 minutes.
- Remove the peppers from the oven and top with the cheddar cheese. Place the peppers back in the oven uncovered for 5 minutes until the cheese is melted and the peppers are tender.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: stuffed peppers, stuffed pepper recipe, dinner recipes, beef recipes, ground beef, cinco de mayo recipes, dinner ideas, stuffed bell peppers, how to make stuffed peppers, best stuffed peppers, mexican stuffed peppers