This cheesy, Mexican flavored garlic bread is perfect for appetizers as well as a side dish to dinner!
- 1 large (1 pound loaf) of Italian bread
- Chopped parsley for garnish
- 2 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- Cilantro for garnish (optional)
- For the Butter:
- 1 stick butter, softened to room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 tablespoons fresh garlic, chopped fine or minced through a garlic press
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Make the butter mixture by adding the butter, salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, garlic and parsley to a small bowl and mixing together.
- Split the bread open lengthwise and place each half, cut side up, on a baking sheet.
- Divide the butter between the halves, spreading the butter to cover the bread completely. Sprinkle the taco seasoning evenly over the tops of the 2 halves of bread.
- Bake the bread in the oven for 10 minutes, then remove the bread from the oven.
- Add the cheese evenly to each half of the garlic bread and place back into the oven for 5-7 minutes until the cheese has melted.
- Slice and serve, garnished with fresh lime zest and fresh cilantro (optional)
- Freezing the Garlic Bread:
- Make the recipe and let the bread cool completely. Put the halves back together then wrap in foil and put into a freezer bag.
- To reheat the bread from frozen, thaw the bread completely in the refrigerator. Place the bread into a 350 degrees preheated oven for 20-25 minutes until heated through. Open up the bread and serve as is or broil for an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: mantitlement, garlic bread recipe, garlic bread, garlic bread with cheese, cinco de mayo recipes, appetizers, side dish recipes