This delicious, cheesy pulled pork is our favorite! Slow cooker pulled pork with your favorite BBQ sauce and lots of cheesy goodness!
- 5 pound boneless pork butt
- 1/4 cup pineapple juice
- 2 cups onions, sliced
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups bbq sauce, plus extra for serving
For the Spice Rub:
- 1 1/2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 2 teaspoons to 1 tablespoon cumin (depending on taste, we use 1 tablespoon)
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- Place the onions on the bottom of your slow cooker.
- Combine the dry rub ingredients together in a small bowl, whisking together to combine. Rub the spice mixture all over the pork roast, you might not use it all but add it generously to all sides.
- Place the pork roast on top of the onions, then pour in the pineapple juice.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours until the pork roast is fork tender and shreddable.
- Remove the pork from the slow cooker to a board then pour the juices into a large bowl.
- Let the roast cool slightly, then shred using two forks, meat claws or your hands.
- Return the shredded pork to the slow cooker with 1 cup of the reserved onions and juice from cooking.
- Add the cheese and bbq sauce to the pork and stir to combine. If the cheese is not melting into the pork, cover the slow cooker and set on high for 15 minutes. Stir again and serve.
This recipe makes about 8 cups of pulled pork, about 1/2 cup is a good size for servings on buns!
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Slow Cooker
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: pulled pork recipe, slow cooker pulled pork, slow cooker pork roast, pork recipe, bbq pulled pork, crock pot pulled pork