These Caprese Pizza Pinwheels are stuffed with mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced prosciutto and basil pesto! Serve these pizza rolls for appetizers or the main meal!
- 1 tube (13.8 ounce) refrigerated pizza dough
- 1/3 cup pizza sauce (homemade or store bought)
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese plus more for topping
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (can also use sliced as shown here, you’ll need a package with 11 slices)
- 6 ounce jar basil pesto
- 3 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Lightly dust a board with flour and then roll out the pizza dough into a 15″ x 11″ rectangle.
- Spread the pizza sauce in a thin layer over the dough, leaving a boarder around the edges. Sprinkle the parmesan cheese on top of the sauce.
- Layer the sliced mozzarella in a single layer on top of the sauce, or add the shredded mozzarella cheese in an even layer.
- Add the basil pesto on top of the mozzarella, spreading out as best you can into an even layer. Layer the prosciutto on top of the pesto for the final layer.
- Roll up the pizza roll as tightly as you can, starting with the short end. Tuck the ends in if they start to poke out as you roll. Cut the pizza roll into 8 slices and then place onto a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes, until the tops are golden brown. Sprinkle the tops with more parmesan cheese and serve immediately.
These pizza pinwheels are large, so you can count on 1 per person for appetizers, or 2 for dinner. You can also easily double this recipe for a crowd!
- Category: Appetizers
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: mantitlement, pizza rolls, pizza pinwheels, easy recipes, caprese pizza, holiday appetizers, pizza recipes