Candied Pecans are coated with a sweet glaze that makes them so addicting! Add just a hint of spice and you have the tastiest snack ever!
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 egg white
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon water
- 3 cups whole pecans
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees. Mix the sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon, salt and cayenne pepper in a bowl and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk the egg white together with the vanilla extract and water. Add the pecans and toss well to make sure all the nuts are coated in the egg white mixture.
- Pour the sugar mixture over the nuts and toss so that the sugar is coating all the nuts completely. Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment and bake for 30 minutes, tossing the nuts once in between cooking time.
- Let the pecans cool completely on the baking sheet and then store in a container for up to a week at room temperature. (*See Note)
These candied pecans will stay fresh for a few weeks of you keep them in the refrigerator, and up to a few months if you freeze them!
- Category: Appetizers
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: mantitlement, candied pecans, nut recipes, snack recipes, game day food, holiday recipes, easy recipes, candied nuts, glazed pecans