Try this Broccoli Salad Recipe for your next holiday or BBQ! We love this salad so much, we make it for meal prepping during the week instead of a regular salad!
- 3 heads of broccoli, stems removed and cut into florets
- 1/2 cup finely diced red onion, soaked in ice water for 5 minutes, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup cooked diced bacon (about 5 strips of bacon)
- 1/2 cup toasted sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds, raisins or craisins
- 1/3 cup shaved parmesan cheese
For The Dressing:
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon grated garlic (about 3 small cloves)
- Good pinch of kosher salt
- Fresh black pepper, to taste
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add a few pinches of kosher salt and then add the broccoli florets. Bring the water back to a boil, quickly, over high heat. Once the water is back to a boil, let the broccoli cook for 1 minute, then drain and rinse with cold water.
- Add the broccoli florets to a bowl of cold water with ice and let sit while you make the dressing.
- Add all of the dressing ingredients to a container or salad cruet. Shake well to emulsify the dressing.
- Drain the broccoli florets and place on a paper towel to dry. Add the red onion, bacon, almonds, pomegranate seeds and parmesan cheese to a large bowl. Add the blanched broccoli florets and along with the dressing and then toss to combine.
- Cover the broccoli salad with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour before serving.
Once tossed with the dressing, the broccoli salad will keep for a day or two in the refrigerator. If you want to make this broccoli salad ahead of time, leave the dressing separate and then toss the salad an hour before serving.
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: mantitlement, broccoli salad, vegetable side dish, potluck sides, bbq side dish, holiday sides, broccoli recipes, how to blanch broccoli