These Bourbon Balls are easy to make and a perfect one-bite dessert for parties. Full of chocolate and bourbon flavor, they’re pretty hard to resist!
- 1 cup semi-sweet, dark chocolate or milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup good quality bourbon or whiskey
- 3 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 box vanilla wafers (11 ounces), crushed into small crumbs
- 1 cup pecans, chopped fine
- Sprinkles and/or powdered sugar for decorating the balls
- Place the chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl and heat in 30 second intervals, stirring in between. Keep heating until the chocolate is completely smooth.
- Pour the corn syrup, bourbon and vanilla extract into the chocolate and stir to combine.
- Slowly add the powdered sugar, stirring until all the sugar is combined with the chocolate sauce. Add the crushed vanilla wafers and the chopped pecans and stir.
- Using a 1 1/2 tablespoon scooper (a little smaller than a golf ball), make balls and roll into either sprinkles or powdered sugar.
- Repeat with the remaining chocolate mixture until you have about 30 bourbon balls. Chill for at least an hour before serving.
Makes about 30 bourbon balls. To crush the vanilla wafers, add the cookies to a plastic bag and use a rolling pin to crush the cookies. Alternately, you can pulse them in a food processor.
These rum balls will keep in an airtight container for about a week in the refrigerator.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: No Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: bourbon balls, dessert recipes, christmas desserts, st. patrick's day recipes, holiday recipes, chocolate desserts, make ahead recipes, no bake dessert, homemade gift ideas