Beefy Tomato Soup is an easy beef and macaroni soup that your whole family will love! This soup is done and on the table in less than 30!
- 3/4 lb. ground beef
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 (24 ounce) jar of spaghetti sauce
- 4 cups of chicken stock
- 1/2 cup of cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups elbow macaroni or short-tubed pasta
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped basil, divided
- In a large pot heat the olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the onion and garlic to the pot and cook for 3-4 minutes, stirring, until the onion softens.
- Add the ground beef to the onions, breaking up with a spoon and cook until no longer pink. Drain any drippings if necessary.
- Add the salt, pepper and oregano to the beef and stir to combine.
- Pour in the chicken stock and the pasta sauce, stir and bring to a simmer for 10 minutes.
- Whisk in the cream cheese and then add 2 tablespoons of the fresh basil.
- Pour in the pasta, stir and let cook for 10 minutes, covered, stirring halfway through cooking.
- Spoon into bowls and garnish with the leftover basil.
Your favorite spaghetti sauce can be used, or even a can of crushed tomatoes with a little more seasoning works!
*NOTE – A few of our readers have commented that the noodles soak up all the broth when you reheat the next day. If you want the soup for leftovers with more broth, cook the pasta separately and then add it to each bowl as you heat it up!
- Category: soup
- Method: stove top
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: soup, soup recipe, ground beef recipe, pasta recipe, dinner ideas, easy dinner recipes, dinner ideas, tomato soup