This deliciously healthy zucchini recipe will be a hit with the whole family!
- 2 large zucchini, sliced in half lengthwise
- Olive oil
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 2 ounces cream cheese (optional)
- 2 teaspoons chopped garlic
- 2 teaspoons tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Fresh black pepper to taste
- 14.5 ounce can petite diced tomatoes, drained
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Place the zucchini on a large baking sheet or baking dish. Scoop out the inside flesh and seeds to make a well in each zucchini half. Dry out any moisture with a paper towel. Drizzle each half with olive oil and season with salt and pepper to taste. Place the zucchini onto a baking sheet.
- Add a tablespoon of olive oil to a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and cook 5 minutes until softened, then add the beef breaking up until browned through. Drain any grease from the pan, then add the garlic and cream cheese (if using) stirring until the cheese is melted into the filling.
- Stir the tomato paste, salt, pepper, cumin, taco seasoning and diced tomatoes into the filling, then remove from the heat.
- Divide the filling between the 4 zucchini halves then bake, covered with foil for 25 minutes.
- Take the zucchini out of the oven and remove the foil. Top the zucchini boats with the cheese and bake uncovered for another 5 minutes until the cheese is melted.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: mantitlement, low carb recipe, low carb dinner, healthy recipes, dinner ideas, ground beef recipes, zucchini recipes