This meaty, saucy beefaroni dish is the perfect weeknight meal. It’s spicy, rich, comforting, and very easy to make.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup diced onions
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- Fresh black pepper to taste
- 29 ounce can tomato sauce
- 8 ounces elbows, cooked and drained
- Fresh parsley, chopped (optional, for garnish)
- Grated parmesan cheese (optional, for garnish)
- Add the oil to a large, non stick skillet over medium heat. Add the onion to the skillet and cook for 5 minutes until the onion is softened. Add the garlic and cook one minute longer.
- Add the ground beef to the onions and garlic and cook while breaking up into crumbles until the beef is no longer pink. Drain the grease from the skillet.
- Add the salt, paprika, Italian seasoning, chili powder, Worcestershire sauce, pepper and tomato sauce to the skillet, stirring to combine with the beef and onions. Bring to a simmer and then cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, over low heat.
- Add elbows and stir to combine. Taste for seasonings and serve with fresh chopped parsley and grated parmesan cheese.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stove
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: homemade beefaroni, ground beef pasta recipes, pasta recipes, ground beef recipes