A delicious, super moist dessert recipe that starts with a boxed cake mix! This poke cake is flavored with bananas and bourbon for a real party dessert!
- 1 Golden Butter Cake, prepared according to package directions
- 2 packages instant banana pudding (5.1 ounce size)
- 3 cups milk
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 ounces bourbon
- 3 bananas, sliced
- 2 cups vanilla wafers, crushed
- 2 ounces shaved dark chocolate for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare the cake according to the package directions, using the 9″ x 13″ baking dish instructions.
- Bake for 25 minutes, remove from the oven and cool.
- While the cake is baking, pour the instant pudding into a bowl. Whisk in the milk and bourbon, then let sit at room temperature to thicken.
- In another bowl, beat the heavy cream with the vanilla extract and sugar until stiff peaks form.
- Poke holes in the cake with the end of a wooden spoon. Pour the pudding over the top of the cake, spreading evenly.
- Layer the banana slices on the top of the pudding in a single layer. Next spread the whipped cream on top of the pudding layer.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or up to overnight.
- Before serving, add the chocolate shavings and crushed vanilla wafers to the top of the cake and more sliced bananas if desired.
- Category: dessert
- Method: oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: poke cake recipe, banana poke cake, easy dessert, easy recipes, dessert recipes, boozy dessert, spiked desserts