These Bacon Wrapped Hot Dogs are our favorite way to make hot dogs for parties! Super crispy, bacon wrapped hot dogs with a sweet and spicy glaze!
- 8 beef hot dogs (larger, thicker hot dogs preferred)
- 8 hot dogs buns
- 8 slices bacon (thick sliced preferred)
- Lettuce for serving
For The Honey BBQ Glaze:
- 1/2 cup BBQ regular flavored sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Make the glaze by adding all the ingredients to a small bowl. Adjust the heat to your liking by adding more or less cayenne pepper.
- Spiral wrap the hot dogs with bacon and secure at each end with toothpicks. (See photos in post for reference) Place the hot dogs in a large skillet over medium heat and cook while turning until the bacon is crisp. This should take approximately 7-8 minutes.
- Once the bacon is crisp, brush the hot dogs with the glaze and let cook for another 2 minutes, then turn the hot dogs over and glaze the other side, letting cook for another 2 minutes. Remove the hot dogs from the pan and then let the hot dogs cool just enough so that you can remove the toothpicks.
- Place a piece of lettuce on each bun, add the hot dogs and serve immediately.
To Prep in Advance: Make the hot dogs up until the point where you add the glaze. Let the hot dogs cool and then cover and refrigerate for up to 2 days before you need them. Place the hot dogs in a baking dish or on a sheet pan and warm them up in a 375 degree oven for 10 minutes. After the 10 minutes, remove the hot dogs from the oven and brush them with the glaze, then return to the oven for another 5 minutes until the glaze has set and the hot dogs are warmed through. If you only need to keep the hot dogs ready for a short amount of time, place them on a sheet pan or in a baking dish in a warm, 300 degree oven for up to 30 minutes before serving.
Leftover hot dogs will keep in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: American