This cheesy corn spoon bread recipe can be serve with your holiday meals or every day dinners! Easy to make, just mix the ingredients together and bake!
- 2 cups self rising cornmeal mix (yellow or white)
- 14.75 can creamed corn
- 1/2 cup frozen or canned corn
- 1 1/2 cups white cheddar cheese, divided
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 10 strips cooked, crumbled bacon (save 2 tablespoons for garnish on top)
- 4 tablespoon butter, melted and cooled
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- 1/4 chopped chives, save 2 tablespoons for garnish on top
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Mix the ingredients for the spoon bread together in a bowl, using 1 cup of the cheese, and reserving the 2 tablespoons of bacon and chives. These will be saved for garnishing the top of the spoon bread.
Spray a 9″ x 9″ or 2 quart baking dish with cooking spray and pour in the spoon bread mixture. Bake for 25 minutes, then remove the baking dish from the oven and top with the remaining 1/2 cup of cheese. Bake for another 5 minutes until the cheese is melted.
Garnish the spoon bread with the remaining 2 tablespoon of chopped bacon and chives and serve.
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: spoon bread, spoonbread recipe, side dish recipe, side dishes, thanksgiving sides, creamed corn, bacon, holiday sides