This Artichoke Walnut Pesto is a 5 minute recipe! This nutty pesto can also be served as a dip with veggies or pita chips or use it on a sandwich or a pizza!
- 12 ounce bag frozen artichoke hearts, thawed *see note
- 1 cup fresh parsley leaves, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3/4 cup toasted, chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 – 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt, depending on your taste
- Fresh black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Add all the ingredients, except the olive oil, to a food processor or a blender. I feel that the food processor works best for this pesto, unless you have a really good blender.
- Blend until the pesto is smooth and then drizzle in the olive oil while the processor is running. Taste for seasonings and adjust if needed.
- Serve on toasted crostini or in a bowl with crackers or vegetables for dipping.
To make ahead and freeze: add all ingredients to food processor except parmesan cheese and olive oil. Defrost, then add parmesan cheese and the pesto to a food processor and blend while drizzling in the olive oil.
- Category: Appetizers
- Method: No Cook
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: mantitlement, pesto recipe, walnut pesto, artichoke pesto, recipe with artichokes, artichoke hearts, easy recipes, make ahead recipes