These fun bread kabobs are just like getting the bread and seasoned olive oil at your favorite restaurant!
- 1 large loaf of Italian Bread (I used a large sesame semolina)
- 1 cups of extra virgin olive oil (or enough to fill a shallow bowl, plus extra for coating the bread cubes before toasting)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Fresh ground pepper
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- Cut the loaf of bread into large strips, then into a large cubes.
- Place the cubed bread onto a baking sheet and toss with 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Try to get all the cubes of bread coated well.
- Place in a 425 degree pre-heated oven for 7-8 minutes until brown, then turn and bake another 3-4 minutes until golden brown.
- After the toasted bread cools, place 2 bread cubes onto a toothpick and repeat with remaining bread.
- Pour a half cup of olive oil into a shallow bowl. Top with the parmesan cheese, garlic powder, chili flakes and salt and pepper.
- Serve the bread skewers on the side for dipping.
- This can be done ahead of time, even a day, if kept in a container or resealable bag. This appetizer is amazing when the bread is a little warm, but it’s just as good if done ahead of time too. If you run out of time, throw the bread cubes into a bowl and just leave the toothpicks on the side!
- Serving Size: 6
- Category: Appetizers
- Method: oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: appetizer recipe, bread and olive oil, kabob recipes, vegetarian appetizer