This steak sandwich will knock it out of the park! Tender pieces of steak with the most delicious creamy dressing!
- 2 pounds sirloin steak
- Olive oil, salt and pepper for seasoning the steaks
- Roasted Red Peppers
- 4 large sub rolls
For the Balsamic Mayonnaise
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Make the mayonnaise by adding all the ingredients to a bowl. Whisk together and let chill until the steaks are ready.
- Season the steaks generously with the salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Grill and for about 4-5 minutes per side, depending on the thickness of the steaks. These sandwiches work best when the steak is cooked medium rare to rare.
- Remove the steak and let rest, covered with foil for at least 10 minutes. After the steak rests, cube into 1 to 1 1/2″ pieces.
- Assemble the sandwiches by adding a good layer of the balsamic mayonnaise to both sides of a sub roll. Add steak and top with a few roasted red peppers.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Grill
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: steak sandwich recipe, steak recipe, sandwich recipe, dinner ideas, grilling recipes