Balsamic Panzanella Salad is so light and refreshing, the perfect summer side dish recipe to a grilled steak or chicken – or add it on top for a complete meal!
- 1 large baguette
- salt, pepper, olive oil (for seasoning the bread)
- 1 1/2 lbs. cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3 bell peppers (any color) chopped
- 1 small red onion, sliced thin
- 2 cucumbers, sliced into rounds
- 1 lb. small mozzarella balls
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
For the dressing
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dijon mustard
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut the baguette into cubes and season with salt, pepper and olive oil. Toss and place on a baking sheet.
- Place in the oven for about 8 minutes, tossing once until the bread is slightly toasted.
- Remove from the oven and set aside.
- Add the ingredients for the dressing to a container or dressing shaker and shake well to combine the ingredients.
- In a large bowl, add the chopped vegetables, the mozzarella balls, the fresh basil and the toasted bread cubes.
- Pour the dressing over and toss to coat.
- You can serve immediately or let sit at room temperature for about 20 minutes, then toss once more before serving.
Keywords: panzanella salad recipe, side dish recipe, tomato salad, cucumber tomato salad, mozzarella tomato salad, cucumber salad, summer recipe